Saturday, October 11, 2008

Disappointed

So I saw Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist last night.

Sadly enough, I feel like I wasted $10 and an hour and a half. I think I had high expectations for the movie since I really like Michael Cera, and I was disappointed. I felt like I was waiting for the movie to get good, but it never did. I did appreciate that the 2 main characters (Nick and Norah) did not drink, which is usually the case, but of course there had to be the obnoxious drunk friend, who did some pretty stupid, but entertaining things. The whole movie revolves around the search for the band, Where's Fluffy?, and Norah's drunk friend, and of course it has a happy ending. The movie is relatable; young people looking for entertainment and maybe meeting that certain someone. The music did not stick out to me either, but it fit well with the plot. All in all, I would not recommend it.


2 comments:

The_Laur said...

I definitely agree. While the movie was good and I too love Michael Cera the whole time I felt like I kept expecting so much more. Hrm...I don't know. Can't win them all I suppose.

Lisa said...

I'm glad someone else agreed with me! I felt like I was being too critical because I did hear that other people liked it a lot. I hope we see better Michael Cera movies in the future.