Saturday, October 11, 2008

W.

In theaters October 17th, W. portrays the life of George W. Bush. Director Oliver Stone gives us a glimpse of Bush's eventful life, including how he met his wife, found his faith, and the days leading up to the Iraq invasion.

With a release date three weeks before the Presidential election, it is sure to remind us what we have been through and what we are moving on from. Stone has said that is is a "fair, true portrait of the man", but others have said that he is trying to sway November's election.

Josh Brolin plays George W. Bush, and I could not find anywhere online how he played him in the film. With the makeup and hair he resembles Bush and from the trailer it sounds like he has the accent down, but we will have to wait and see on his performance.

I think it will be interesting to see Bush's life before he became president because we don't hear much about their lives before they become president. I would also like to hear Bush's reaction to the movie and how accurately he was portrayed.

I hope to get to the movies to see W. when it comes out. (This blog is forcing me to go see movies, I like it!) I will also do more research on Brolin's portrayal and Bush's reaction.


'W.' Trailer
'W.' Trailer


Rated PG-13

No comments: