Saturday, November 22, 2008

Twilight Review

So, I went to the midnight showing of Twilight. The crowd was mostly teenage or younger girls and their moms. As soon as the movie started they were squealing, which I expected. When Edward first appeared, there was a gasp, and I am pretty sure the girl infront of me cried (shows how crazy these fans are). I am sure that most people in the audience had read the book because you could hear whispers before each big scene. I didn't have high expectations for the movie because I knew nothing would compare to reading the book with all the details and my own interpretation.

The movie was definitely not as good as the book, but it was a pretty good try. The story followed the book closely, but didn't go as in depth because of time. There were funny parts, dramatic parts, and action scenes. There were a bunch of corny parts that I laughed at, which weren't meant to be funny, but that is why the book is so good, it's a sappy, over dramatic love story. The acting was really good, but at times maybe a little over done. I felt like if you hadn't read the book, you wouldn't understand some parts in the movie because they aren't explained, but it is still worthwhile and it might encourage people to read the book. It also left you wanting more, and we will be getting more when New Moon comes out in the future. The movie hit the mark for it's target audience, but everyone else may not feel the same way. All in all, I liked it and am planning on seeing it again. I would recommend it to other Twilight fans or people wanting to get into the series.

I can't wait for the next one!

Let me know your thoughts if you see it!

p.s. I am planning on seeing Role Models soon, so that review will be coming!

5 comments:

The_Laur said...

OMG! I saw Twilight over break and agreed: definitely not as good as the book. I did however also notice the squeals and such from the fans in the audience. Little bit crazy. I mean, it was cool to see it come to life, but not as awesome as I'd expected.

Lisa said...

It was really cool to see it come to life, I think that is why I was so excited about it. I can't wait to see how they did the other books, a lot of crazy stuff happens, especially in the 4th book!

Anonymous said...

I just saw Twilight on Wednesday and as an avid reader of the series, needless to say I was a bit disappointed. I took 4 of my friends who never read the book and you could tell they were just lost. I totally agree with you when you say you laughed at some parts that weren't supposed to be funny. Basically, the whole meadow scene (done all wrong!) I am glad to read that you felt the same way as I did about the movie!

Anonymous said...

I heard that the acting in the movie was HORRIFIC and that people were like really disappointed with how the movie came out!

Lisa said...

I agree that the meadow scene was done all wrong and that is pretty much the best part in the book between Edward and Bella. I think a lot of it had to do with the acting, even though I think that Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are good actors in themselves, they were just kind of awkward together. I laughed at that part and it is supposed to be a serious, major part. Oh well, I still love the series and will see all the other movies anyways. Thanks for your comments!